>>Acoustic Snapshots Episode 190 - Bron-Yr-Aur – Neil Hogan – Solo Guitar

tgjameela

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone!

We have a new Acoustic SnapShot with Neil Playing a Solo Guitar Version of Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/acoustic ... lo-guitar/

Bron-Yr-Aur by Led Zeppelin has been one of the most requested lessons at Totally Guitars since we
launched almost 10 years ago. I can’t believe it took me this long to get to it but here it is, with the
lesson following in a few days.

The piece was written by Jimmy Page and recorded for their third album but held back and put on Physical Graffiti,
released in 1975. A version that Jimmy played live in 1970 included a section not on the studio recording and that
is included in my recording. That section is a bit tricky, playing some harmonics as part of the arpeggio pattern.

jayswett

Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 am

I've loved that song since high school nearly 30 years ago. Haven't heard it in a while, so thanks for a great memory. I wasn't aware of the live version and the other part that you included in your performance, which was incredible by the way. You make things look so easy.

thereshopeyet

Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 am

Neil

It's a long time since I listened to any Led Zepplin.

This is great, you always sound amazing on the guitar.

Dermot

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 am

I love songs in drop D tuning and this is very cool. Heard it by Neil first! :) Then I went to listen to the original. I like Neil's more! :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:49 pm

Chris Wrote:
Then I went to listen to the original. I like Neil's more!

Chris, you'd need to have large LED (Zepplin) :dry: balls to say otherwise, eh ?
It's a wonderfu snapshotl ?

:ohmy:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:03 am

Dermot, y :laugh: ou mean L.E.D. , balls that light up?

Neil's version is cleaner to my ears..... er yeah I know I was thinking drop D but well, yeah, at least it is an alternate tuning and I can hear that :laugh:

thereshopeyet

Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Chris Wrote:
Neil's version is cleaner to my ears..... er yeah I know I was thinking drop D but well, yeah, at least it is an alternate tuning and I can hear that
Neil's guitar playing of Bron-Yr Aur is awsome for sure.
And to share it in this generous lesson is even more awesome !!

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic