On The Beat - Episode 448 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 18th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 18th-2018/

Quite the variety of lessons this week, plus more Muriel from TG Central.

I finally got to spend some time on the short video with Muriel from last week, it always takes much
longer to edit 2-camera stuff as I have to watch it! We had a great time, and quite different from last
year. This year turned into more of a Fly On The Wall session where I was the student. Next week we
turn the tables a bit.

Another new, or at least revived thing here at TG was getting back into the podcast world with my
spot at KKUP radio
. I know many people were not able to catch it live so we added it to our iTunes
channel. This reminded me that I have a bunch more like it but since there is no video I dropped the
idea of getting some very old appearances out in public, warts and all. That may change now.

I did play just a little today, mostly short snippets of things I played on the radio last Friday but did
try to remember what Muriel showed me on Close To You.

The new releases this week included a Led Zeppelin 5-Pack (our 2nd from them), Doug Young’s
arrangement of In My Life featuring the seldom used C-GAD Tuning, Bron-Yr-Aur in another altered
C Tuning
(C6), Kiss And Say Goodbye by The Manhattans from Vanessa, and Max’s look at Nirvana’s
version of The Man Who Sold The World
, originally by David Bowie of course, which we have a lesson
on as well from way back.

That’s all for now, back to the practice shed so I can make my teacher proud…