On The Beat - Episode 449 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 25th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 25th-2018/

This week’s episode started with a short Merle Travis style improv, borrowing from one of his most famous
tunes for a couple reasons, the main being that Muriel Anderson did a workshop for us recently and spent
quite a bit of time talking about ‘real’ Travis Picking. Possibly more on that as we develop the film.

The big news this week is not only is the Student Review Uploader working, today we pushed out Reviews
on Craig’s Here Comes The Sun and NKenny’s Still The Same. So PLEASE consider letting me see what you
are working on and get back in the swing of offering suggestions.

Next I took a little self indulgent time to run through Pat Metheny’s Last Train Home, which is finally coming
close to finished. Maybe a lesson in the works if there is some interest.

This week’s new releases included These Arms Of Mine by Otis Redding, Ben Harper’s Amen Omen, Max’s
theory/technique lesson on Filling Space Between Chords, and a new 5-Pack of songs by Sarah McLachlan.
We also got back on track with a Fly On The Wall Lesson. This week it was with Kevin working on Hallelujah,
which led us into general fingerpicking patters that I consider essential.

In the last part of the update I went into some interpretation ideas on making things more musical by being
flexible with the rhythm and separation of bass notes and melody notes that are written on the same beat.
I used a bit of Romanza as an example, along with an old composition of mine, First Impression #1, the first
of a set of 3 abstract pieces that I recorded for my album On The Horizon. That and all my other recordings
are still available at the TG Audio Store if anybody is interested.

And that was the News!

Neil

familyman4

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:29 am

What a wonderful News Cast this week! A lot going on at TG this week and all of it really great!

I for one vote "yes" for a lesson on "Last Train Home". Beautiful song and looks like a challenge that could take a while to master.

I might have missed something the past couple of weeks but it appears your backdrop has changed again. Back to a different section of TG land studio....

Anyway, thanks for the inspiration on a Saturday morning! I got to enjoy the recap while having my 1st & 2nd cup of coffee. Great way to start the day!!!!

Bart

crieniecat

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:32 pm

I fully agree with Bart! Especially you showing the different way of intonations, wow!
That's the way the cookie crumbles....!! :woohoo:

Thanks Neil :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic