On The Beat - Episode 452 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 15th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 15th-2019/

Today I spent most of the video running through bits and pieces of things I may play on the radio this afternoon,
starting with an old standby, The Last Steam Engine Train. That is an example of the kind of thing I recommend
starting a performance with, a tune you have known for years. I also ran through a little of the new things I hope
to play, solo arrangements of Close To You and Eye In The Sky. I hope to get a recording of the radio spot up as
a podcast for those who missed it but you can stream it live here.

The new stuff this week included another Barbra Streisand/Barry Gibb collaboration What Kind Of Fool, an Elvis tune
with one of the longest names in history, I Want You, I Need You, I Love You. Shining Star by Earth, Wind & Fire,
Get Lucky by Daft Punk, and a FOTW addition with Bill working on Blackbird.

I will be traveling next week and may not get to the Weekly Update so carry on and I will be back at the Kalends of March!

Neil

jayswett

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:26 am

At the beginning of each year, I compile a list of 10 - 12 things I'd like to get done during the course of the year. I had learning "Classical Gas" on it this year. I just made a change to learning "The Last Steam Engine Train" based on the last two Weekly Updates. Great song, and a great lesson. I do like the Leo Kottke additions to it.

michelew

Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi Neil, your guitar is sounding great. But, then you always make it sound wonderful.

I’ve given up adding songs to my must-learn list. I need to make a must re-learn list instead. :)

M

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic