On The Beat - Episode 453 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 1st, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... -1st-2019/

After a weekend of traveling, (through some countryside that is flooding badly at the moment - The Russian River in Sonoma County)
we are back at TG Central and grinding away with students and arrangements. Today’s update started off with a John Fahey piece that
introduced his music to me when I was in high school. The tune I played a bit of was Beverly, a song I threatened to do a lesson on
years ago and forgot about, apparently.

Check it out here

I want to thank the members who managed to get some videos uploaded for review, Eryk and Ken so far but let’s try to keep this ball
rolling. I enjoy looking back at some of those old lessons, which I usually need to do to give good feedback on them.

Another theme that came up on the Forum reminded me to give a quick tip on hammer-ons. There was a little discussion that might
help but this usually takes a lot of practice so don’t despair.

The other new additions recently included Casey Jones by Mississippi John Hurt, I Want You, I Need You, I Love You by Elvis, Tom Petty’s
I Won’t Back Down
, Drain You by Nirvana, Max’s version of the Jazz Standard All Of Me, The Wings by Gustavo Santaolalla (whose name
I tried to pronounce a few times), and finally the solo arrangement of Eye In The Sky, which I somehow postponed almost five years
after promising to get to it with the original lesson. We also added a 5-pack of Heart tunes, which inspired me to take a stab at Silver
Wheels
as I mentioned it. I evidently need to brush up on that one.

That was the two week recap as we head into March and Springtime for those of us up over the equator. Can that be the Top Of The World?

Neil

michelew

Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Thanks for the extra advice Neil. I can see the light.... don’t think it’s a train. ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic