On The Beat - Episode 455 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 15th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 15th-2019/

This week the sun has finally come back to Northern California but I am sorry for those in the MidWest with the big storms
that have been rolling through. As we get into St. Patrick’s Day weekend I have been working on a couple traditional Irish
tunes but only one made its appearance this week, Down By The Salley Gardens. I started this week’s video with a run
through of it, along with the next one I have under construction, The Star Of The County Down. That one has proved more
difficult than I thought, mostly with decisions to be made on the key, harmony, and rhythmic feel. I hope to do a few different
versions and have part of it early next week.

I talked a bit about some of the obstacles I let enter the equation as I am considering more complicated instrumentals but
that is the direction I am leaning toward in the next few weeks. I played a bit of some of the contenders, and also another
old Irish tune I like, The Blacksmith. At the end I ran through a pretty abstract version of Windy And Warm, as I noticed how
fun my Santa Cruz guitar is to play after its major repair.

The new lessons this week included Take Five, Down By The Salley Gardens, See See Rider by Mississippi John Hurt, and Jimi
Hendrix’s Castles Made Of Sand
, along with a Student Review for Cavi, who was working on Sleight Of Hand.

I’ve also included a few links down below to interesting stuff I came across this week.

Neil

dtaylor

Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:46 pm

I love your tasteful rendition of Star of the Co. Down, it feels a little 'Game of Thronesy', I'd much prefer learning it than the faster jig versions.

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:08 pm

Neil

Loved your playing this week during the news.

I know someone who's birthday is on St Patricks day.
She has too many candles to count, and not enough wind to blow them out (very old !!) :dry: :ohmy:

Oh, I like your guitar but I Can't See The Fret Markers :dry: they blend in with your shirt ( camouflaged ) !
Gosh - New fret markers or new shirt !
:S

Dermot

TGNeil

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Yeah, the fret markers are a bit blinding. I may have to re-retire the Santa Cruz!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic