On The Beat - Episode 458 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 5th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... -5th-2019/

Channeling Sweet Baby James at the top of the update, partially inspired by the Josh Turner thread on the Forum this week,
led into a short talk about 12-bar blues, along the lines of Steamroller Blues. The mini lesson was followed with a rundown of
some recent new releases; I Can’t Tell You Why by The Eagles, Jet Airliner from The Steve Miller Band, and our first Aretha tune,
Think
, as memorialized in The Blues Brothers. We also put together a 5-pack of Red Hot Chili Peppers lessons.

Another thought from the same Forum thread brought vocal harmony into my radar and I mentioned that we are adding a class
on just that to our IGC agenda, along with a little more focus on instruction to go along with our open mic opportunities this fall.

There was another mini lesson on fingering for a particularly difficult passage in Sleight Of Hand, presenting a slightly easier
approach to a really nasty stretch.

Things ended with a little reminiscing about a concert I went to in 1974, a Day On The Green at the Oakland Coliseum with a few
of my favorite bands (turns out it was the 3rd DOTG, I thought it might have been the first).

And don’t forget, if you are in the Phoenix area next week please join Bart and me at The Guitar League Tuesday night, April 9.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:17 pm

Neil

Another great week of TG lessons and weekly news.

:ohmy:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic