On The Beat - Episode 463 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 17th, 2019

tgjameela

Sat May 18, 2019 9:06 am

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 17th-2019/

After a week of traveling I am back at TG Central and toiling away at my favorite pastime, working with students and
sketching out new lessons. The latest from me was a journey through some past huge influences that included Neil
Young’s War Of Man
. I recently listened to Harvest Moon, his 1992 release, in its entirety and was driven to add more
songs of his to our already extensive library. War Of Man really typifies many of the techniques and sounds we hear
and love in his songs. Today’s update started with some random songs of his that use Double Dropped D Tuning, all
of which are already lessons here.

Other recent new lessons include a couple from Steely Dan - Rikki Don’t Lose That Number and Any Major Dude Will
Tell You
, Make You Feel My Love as done by Adele, the rocking’ Dirty Deeds Done Cheap by AC/DC, and Always
Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga
from A Star Is Born. Our latest FOTW lesson had Kevin working on Taylor Swift’s
very catchy tune Mean
, which a couple of my live students are now working on as a result.

I got a request recently to recap some of the songs that I consider essential for all guitar students and addressed that
a bit in the course of today’s clip as well. Some of the ‘must do’ songs include My My Hey Hey, Don’t Fear The Reaper,
House Of The Rising Sun, Landslide and Dust In The Wind. These really pave the way for the next level songs like From
The Beginning
and Stairway To Heaven. I will try to mention a few more of these in the coming weeks.

Neil

familyman4

Sat May 18, 2019 10:44 am

Welcome Back!!! I enjoyed the weekly update with my morning coffee today. A lot going on in the land of TG!!!!

Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic