On The Beat - Episode 465 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 31st, 2019

tgjameela

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 31st-2019/

John Fahey was on my mind this week, along with a couple dozen other things that cross the airwaves in today’s update.
He was a huge influence on me as a teenager, which also made me pick up a guitar that must be considered antique by
now, and which I grab for a few notes at the end of the video. Here is a podcast that was sent to me that really started
the journey through the past.

Near the end I also stumbled through what I could remember of his tune Some Summer Day.

On the technical side I had some tips for improving barre chords as well as some thoughts on beautiful and sad songs.
In the beautiful world it is mostly classical melodies that pop into my head, the sad ones I tend to rank by degree of tragedy,
whether or not that is reasonable criteria.

On the new release front this week we brought out a couple jazz standards, It Don’t Mean A Thing and D Natural Blues, as
well as another Steely Dan tune, Dirty Work. I trust many of you are enjoying the diversity.

Next week a student review is on the schedule along with a recent hit for an artist I never would have guessed would make
an appearance at TG. There have been hints recently but I’ve said enough already.

See you in June,

Neil