On The Beat - Episode 467 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 14th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... -14th-2019

I Got A Feeling, as done by Pentangle in the 60's, is an example of a jazzy 12-bar blues based on All Blues by Miles Davis.
That was on my mind at the start of this week’s update as a student had been working on it this week. I figured I might
as well try to add in the melody a bit and improvise a bit from there. The clip ended with some tips on hammer ons when
they happen on beats with bass notes.

In between I touched on goofing off for a couple hours to watch a current movie (most of my video time is spent on older
stuff like Alfred The Great, Charlemagne…), and some thoughts about our upcoming International Guitar Camps.

This week we released a 5-Pack of lessons by Three Dog Night as well as Smooth by Santana, Basket Case by Green Day,
and Vanessa’s fabulous lesson on The Last Resort by The Eagles.

I will be traveling next weekend for a short anniversary trip but back soon.

dtaylor

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:26 pm

On the topic of mind-bending bass-note conundrums... are there any songs in the library in which the bass notes are ALL played on the off-beat?
I was learning a track in which this occurs and was shocked by how hard it was to shift gears into doing this way, and thought to myself 'have I never done this before?!'

TGNeil

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:55 pm

dtaylor wrote:
On the topic of mind-bending bass-note conundrums... are there any songs in the library in which the bass notes are ALL played on the off-beat?
I was learning a track in which this occurs and was shocked by how hard it was to shift gears into doing this way, and thought to myself 'have I never done this before?!'
Hi Dean,

Not sure about all but Sunny Skies by James Taylor has a bunch of them.
Sunny Skies Lesson

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic