On The Beat - Episode 471 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 9th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... -9th-2019/

It’s been a few weeks since our last regular update and all the new lessons are listed below.
I imagine most of you know I was in Europe for a couple weeks mixing a bit of business,
IGC Europe, with some sight seeing and visits with friends and relatives. Today’s update
started with some of Eric Clapton’s Signe, on my mind because of a FOTW lesson just released
with Victor working on it, and other tunes either hinted at or messed with included Long May
You Run
, Reason To Believe, a little Jefferson Airplane, ending with a Long Time Gone jam,
as I recall. Some of this was Woodstock related and I hope to get to some lessons on songs
from the concert if anybody requests some on the Forum soon.

Some of the verbal ramblings included a recap of the trip, with some thoughts on goings on at
camp, a few tips on modes, an unusual left hand technique I call an arch barre (where one finger
plays 2 different frets at the same time), and some news about video upgrades that are imminent
here at TG.

Also, next week our friends at the Phoenix Guitar League will have Vanessa being the presenter at
the meeting on Tuesday, August 13

Neil

New lessons since the last update:

Jungle Love by Steve Miller Band
Jazz Arrangement of Over The Rainbow
Hit The Ground by Lizz Wright
Swingtown by Steve Miller Band
Taylor by Jack Johnson
Wham by Stevie Ray Vaughan
Who Says by John Mayer
Certain Kind Of Fool by The Eagles
Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen
Footloose by Kenny Loggins
Fly on the Wall - Signe with Victor

familyman4

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:06 am

Neil,

I have been missing the weekly wrap up, glad you're back in the saddle again! I do always enjoy my Saturday morning coffee with Neil Hogan wrapping up the week in the land of TG.

Sounds like the European camp was a huge success! Happy that you had an opportunity to visit friends and family while you were across the pond! Makes me think of a worthwhile quote:

"Take Vacations
Go as many places as you can
You can always make more money.
You can't always make memories"

Also, thanks for the "shout out" for the Guitar League, Arizona Chapter meeting next week. I am so excited for Vanessa to be a part of the stellar list of presenters that have graced us with their skills! Anyone in the area, feel free to drop in for a fun filled evening....https://www.guitarleague.com/phoenix-az.html

Lastly, I realize that you don't always get feedback or responses on your weekly wrap up / news updates. But we appreciate you taking the time to post these every week. I am quite sure that there are many folks like me that look forward to each of them. Keep 'em coming....

Bart

dtaylor

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:10 pm

As one of the 'lunatics' who pulled the all-nighter I can't praise Corina and Ness's staying-power highly enough, they were unstoppable with their inexhaustible supply of singer-songwriter gems to while the night away. Such good memories...

TGNesh

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:49 pm

:laugh:

That was an awesome all-nighter and actually a recordbreaker too. :blink: I think 04:30 was the previous one.

I will also forever remember our ‘cracking up while tears streaming down our faces’-laugh. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I can’t remember the last time i experienced that. All in all, as you say, such good memories!

dtaylor wrote:
As one of the 'lunatics' who pulled the all-nighter I can't praise Corina and Ness's staying-power highly enough, they were unstoppable with their inexhaustible supply of singer-songwriter gems to while the night away. Such good memories...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic