On The Beat - Episode 473 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 30th, 2019

tgjameela

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 am

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/unc ... 30th-2019/

A lot of messing around in the key of E Major in today’s News, starting with a blues improv
based on the Forum post about Tony Joe White’s Polk Salad Annie, with only minor snubs
to some of the other artists in the videos.

A couple other Forum post drew my attention this week so I mentioned a bit about the key of
F# Major and why guitar players, and even most jazz composers stay away from it, as well as
Wiley’s suggestions for IGC, which is coming up in just a few weeks. We have about 20 people
signed up with plenty of room for a few more if anybody is still thinking of joining us. The
manageable number does mean that everyone will get a good amount of individual instruction
in whatever directions their interests lie considering we have five talented teachers lined up:
Max Rich, Doug Young, Jim Bruno, Dave Nachmanoff, and your truly.

I also spent a little time talking about my recent trip to the East Coast where one of the reasons
was scoping out a possible site for a future mini-camp in the woods of New Hampshire. I wonder
how many TG'ers would be interested in getting together at Upton Pond in Stoddard, which is
about a 2-hour drive from Boston.

The new lessons this week included Let’s Stay Together by Al Green and My Sharona by The Knack.

As August comes to an end I am glad to say that my travels are over for a while and I am able to
get back to lesson planning. I gave some hints as to what you might see in the upcoming weeks.

thereshopeyet

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Neil

Great Weekly News.

Great playing too.

I hope you all have a good time at IGC 2019.

Dermot

dtaylor

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:49 pm

Stumbled on this Sinatra version of Send in the Clowns with Tony Mottola, pretty great-

unclewalt

Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 pm

Great Polk Salad riffing there. I had to check out the Johnny Cash vid. Yikes. He also repeatedly steps all over White's banter. This was in 1970, which was when he first kicked speed and booze (for seven years). So he was either still effed up, or fighting the monkey.

mrp777

Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:03 pm

This video is not showing up in the feed on YouTube.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic