On The Beat - Episode 475 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 6, 2019

TGNeil

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:12 pm

Hey Gang,

Here's the News...

Between the Forum, live students, and last week’s open mic in Los Gatos a few tunes ran through my head
that caught me by surprise this week. This led to a few stabs at instrumentals which probably can be worked
out better with a little more preparation but today’s update included parts of a couple early Boz Scaggs tunes,
I’ll Be Long Gone and Loan Me A Dime, as well as a nod toward the Traffic request for a lesson, The Low Spark
Of High Heeled Boys
, and even a considerably mellowed out version of Take On Me, inspired by a student’s
request that brought me to this video-

Something else I have been working on (also reminded of because of a thread on the Forum) is fade outs, and
fade ins for that matter. As many of you know I have been toying with Pat Methane’s Last Train Home for a few
years. I am just about down to the final touches, which are the beginning and end. It seems obvious that a train
song should fade out, as well as in. I still have some refining to do but play through a verse to give you an idea.

This week we did add a couple new lessons to the library. Max brought us a look at Minor Swing, one of Django Reinhardt’s
signature tunes and I finally finished one I had been hinting at for a couple weeks, Our House by Graham Nash.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil