On The Beat - Episode 476 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 13, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:29 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 13th-2019/

Modes, modes, modes… Great additions on the Forum this week about modes, which got me into
doing a bit of an improv in D, playing through 4 different modes with D as the tonic. These are
referred to as parallel rather than relative, but hopefully the short explanation will help keep the
differences clear. This was partly inspired by one of this week’s new lessons, The Low Spark Of '
High Heeled Boys
, which I got to because of a recent request on the Forum.

The other new lesson this week were Stevie Wonder’s My Cherie Amour and Sailing by Christopher
Cross
. The latter being done in Open D and featuring a bunch of unusual sounding chords, but like
many open tuning songs, not particularly hard to play.

The really big news this week though was that TG is moving on from flash based video into a player
that should make everybody’s viewing world better, as long as you are using Firefox or Chrome. This
is likely to expand to a few others in the near future but for now please try our stuff on one of those
two and let us know how it goes for you.

We are getting down to the last couple weeks before IGC and would be happy to add a few more folks
to the list if you are on the fence at all. In any case I am really looking forward to working individually
with everybody there on anything they want to improve on.

Think about joining us if you can get a little time off…