On The Beat - Episode 483 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 20th, 2019

tgjameela

Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:00 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/unc ... 20th-2019/

I have been having a great time lately, finally playing the guitar again. Somehow it was tough to enjoy it with the health issues
I was having. Today’s update started with some random pieces of Christmas melodies, and ended what was meant to be a stab
at a piece that has flummoxed me for over 35 years, or at least since I started arranging Holiday tunes for solo guitar. You’ll have
to stick around till the end to weigh in on it. Last year just before Christmas I found the direction I thought it needed and worked
on it for a few days before the inspiration (and season) passed. Luckily I wrote it out before completely forgetting about it and
dug it up a couple weeks ago. I had hoped to get to a lesson on it this year but that ship may be sailing as well.

I did manage to get an arrangement and lesson together on Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer recently so part of my Christmas
plan was successful. It includes a bit of a brain twister which makes the job of the right hand more challenging than it appears.
It also has a bit of a Chet Atkins feel to it.

I also brought out a few gift ideas for guitar players, grabbing a couple vintage accessories that are usually hanging around nearby,
but forgot to mention a couple things we have here at TG, the Target Gift Card and audio downloads from the TG store. I often
forget that I made an album of Christmas music a little over 30 years ago. Check it out when you can, if it not already part of your
seasonal playlist.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Neil

willem

Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:49 am

Merry christmas and happy New year everybody.

B)

familyman4

Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:01 am

Great job on the wonderful playing at the end of the video! That's a song that usually needs to be played with an orchestra or full band to sound really good, but you did it with 1 guitar. Glad you got it on video for sure.

Merry Christmas to all.....

Bart

unclewalt

Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:07 pm

I have a capo that looks just like that around here somewhere. Luckily, when I was using it, it didn't matter whether I scratched my guitar.

But of course my first one had a strap. If those were the choices, I'd put up with the scratches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic