On The Beat - Episode 484 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 24th, 2020

tgjameela

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 24th-2020/

Recently I have had a lot of Beatles tunes running through my, for a few reasons, including that one of my students is trying to get
together about 20 of them as quickly as possible for a group performance they are doing soon. It has given me some ideas for
future lessons but it also got me revisiting some that I recorded a little over 30 years ago, some of which crossed my mind as the
camera was running this morning. And as usual, they might have been better if I tried a dry run through before but that was not to be.

So aside from tackling a few tunes, I had another health update (things are really looking up now!), and a bit of news on how you can
get a hold of me directly at TG now, something that has been a bit of an obstacle for a few years now due to a technical oversight on my part.

So going forward, I look forward to hearing from you,

Neil

willem

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm

Which Keys are the easiest for fingerstyle (instrumentals) guitar?

B) cheers

dcase1776

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:06 pm

Hi Neil:
I am glad to hear that you are on the mend.
Be well.
Doug

dtaylor

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Awesome to see you back at full finger-picking power.

TGNeil

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 pm

willem wrote:
Which Keys are the easiest for fingerstyle (instrumentals) guitar?

B) cheers
Hi Willem,

The first keys I would usually consider for any arrangement are A, C, D, E and G, those being the keys where the tonic chord is open. Minor keys usually considered first would be Em and Am, followed by Dm and Bm.

Neil

unclewalt

Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:42 pm

I think more instrumental lessons would be great, and an excellent selling point. By now there are tons of basic lessons out there for most songs of any popularity, many of them free. And the instrumentals that are both available and free are often terrible.

I already learned "When I'm 64" from the tabs you were selling on your music site, and your album.. That was years ago, and I would basically have to start over, though. I took it up way too early in my late-in-life advancement curve, but I bet I'm ready for it now.

But there are tons of others. Right now I'm working on this Pogues tune (the best Christmas song ever written), but the middle part where he's strumming the chords sounds off to me. I'm trying to figure out a way to make that work more like it actually sounds, and jibe with the rest of it (i.e., picking it out like the rest). But otherwise, this is pretty good stuff, for being free, though it's really just a jumping-off point:

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:18 am

Happy to hear you are in the clear health wise Neil! Nice playing on those Beatles tunes... you are certainly a master if those songs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic