On The Beat - Episode 488 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 21st, 2020

tgjameela

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... 21st-2020/

This week has been a ragtime re-re-revival week for me. Every few years I get re-inspired to revisit the roots of my
favorite guitar style. A few years ago it was fueled by Bethena and this incarnation was driven by The Entertainer.
I was never quite happy with the arrangement that I had been modifying since 1975 when Leo Wijnkamp’s record
Rags To Riches came out on the Kicking Mule label.

I spent most of today’s update browsing through a treasure trove of material that came out of an old box a few
days ago. There were references to Jorma Kaukonen, The Doobie Brothers, Stefan Grossman, and John Renbourn,
as well as photos from Happy Traum’s Fingerstyle book, and even a look at an old Guitar Player magazine.

I hope you enjoy the trip through memory lane I took.

dtaylor

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:11 pm

Head's up, Neil, before you get to work, you've already done Bermuda Triangle Exit!

TGNeil

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:15 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Head's up, Neil, before you get to work, you've already done Bermuda Triangle Exit!
Thanks for checking Dean. I definitely would have tracked it down before I went any further but, as you can imagine, the finished lessons are pretty extensive and I am getting older...

Neil

dtaylor

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 am

TGNeil wrote:
dtaylor wrote:
Thanks for checking Dean. I definitely would have tracked it down before I went any further but, as you can imagine, the finished lessons are pretty extensive and I am getting older...

Neil
It's only 2 dozen measures so easy to forget you'd done it(!) ;)

thereshopeyet

Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:58 am

Neil

Great weekly news., interesting stuff.

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic