On The Beat - Episode 490 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 6th, 2020

tgjameela

Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:47 am

Hi Everyone!

The Weekly Wrap up has just been released!

Enjoy!

https://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/gui ... -6th-2020/

I have been revisiting our old Recommend A Lesson page, which still works believe it or not, it just requires a little hacking and patience.
There are some great tunes on there that I have not gotten to yet, but that is changing. In the update I spell out how you can take a look
or contribute votes to older songs, some of which have been up there for 11 years, although I am working on a few of them right now.
Today’s video started with one of those, Joanne vey Mike Nesmith. I talk a bit about how much that song grabbed me many years ago but
I did refrain from trying to sing it, for obvious reasons if you know the song.

I did end up singing something at the end, completely as a surprise to me (maybe someday I script these things???).

Also talked about something that I have done for my whole life as a teacher, which is have students revisit songs years after they thought
they had them down. This was partly inspired by Lynn’s post about the extensive library we already have here at TG.

https://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/4- ... ering.html

I look forward to hearing from many of you as to what ghosts have you looked at bringing back to life.

Back next week,

Neil

willem

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:16 pm

Keep on trucking B) :laugh:

unclewalt

Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:59 pm

My thought on "Clap" is: stick mainly to the studio version, incorporating any changes you think are necessary. It's the one everybody knows best, after all.

TGNeil

Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:05 pm

unclewalt wrote:
My thought on "Clap" is: stick mainly to the studio version, incorporating any changes you think are necessary. It's the one everybody knows best, after all.
Pretty much my plan, although the version from The Yes Album is live of course.. Here are a couple of my favorites, after the released one.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic