On The Beat - Episode 508 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 10th, 2020

tgjameela

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:09 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up has been released.

Hope you enjoy!

https://totallyguitars.com/blog/guitar- ... 10th-2020/

Today’s headline is about Doug Young, who is back on board as a regular instructor/contributor, as you may have figured out with this week’s lesson on his DADGAD arrangement of I Will by The Beatles. This became the theme of my opening segment as I tried to play through a bit of my arrangement from over 30 years ago. Doug has also recently put out a book of Hymns arranged for solo guitar that you might want to check out. I expect he will be bringing us some of those as lessons in the near future.

We are still hoping to have a Free TG Live Webinar tomorrow at noon Pacific time but there are a couple tech hurdles that may postpone it one more week. I will update you on the Forum as soon as reasonable (ASAR).

And speaking of the Forum, I am thrilled that people are taking advantage of the Uploads For Review. This week I was able to get to Craig’s Over The Rainbow, Fly Me To The Moon by Pat, and The Sage by Skaladar, a piece I was pretty rusty on but appreciated the chance to revisit.

I also sent a big shout out to Dermot for help with tab for a couple old, old lessons, Heart Of Gold and Octopus’s Garden, which I will be adding to those lessons.

New Stuff This Week -
John Prine - Hello In There
Shania Twain - Forever And For Always
Robert Plant - Big Log
And of course, I Will in DADGAD

John Prine 5-Pack
Jazz Standards Volume 3
AC/DC Electric 5-Pack

Coming Next Week -
Shania Twain - No One Needs To Know, thanks to Vanessa
Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
Another Beatles Instrumental… vote now here!

And Packs by Shania Twain, Jazz Standards Volume 4, Solo Arrangements including Beach Boys, Beatles, Jerusalem, and a couple TBA.

I hope to see some familiar and new faces tomorrow, but if not, next week.

Neil

familyman4

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:02 pm

Great recap!

Very nice to see all 3 - Vanessa, Doug and Max this week!

Still working my way around the new site. I would recommend that maybe one of your free webanar;s coming up someday could be a tutorial for the site. Might help us navigate to places we didn't know existed???

Thanks again!
Bart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic