On The Beat - Episode 510 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 24th, 2020

tgjameela

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up has been released.

Hope you enjoy!

https://totallyguitars.com/blog/guitar- ... 24th-2020/

A lot of Golden Oldies running through my head today, this week and next, as far as lessons. It was Gypsy Woman that sent me down the path to my opening improvs. The 1970 hit for Brian Hyland grabbed me a week or so ago and it occurred to me that a lot of people might like to add it to their repertoire. This obviously opened up doors to a couple other songs he had hits with, stating about 10 years earlier.

The other lessons this week really spanned a spectrum where there should have been something for everybody. We added Linda Ronstadt’s You’re No Good, Bend And Break by Keane, and my solo arrangement of Here, There And Everywhere. And the offer made in the lesson for sending my CD A Beatles Collection to anybody who uploads a video of them playing one of those tunes was extended quite a bit as far as content was concerned.

Instrumental fans should also take a look at the new pack The Celtic Connection which includes five intermediate level Fingerstyle solos.

The Forum segment started with a few measures of a recent request, which probably will make the cut into our lesson library in a few weeks. You might even be able to figure it out even just by watching closely, although it is a bit tricky, like most Ian Anderson guitar parts. I also whined again about the lack of our Steve Howe masterpiece, which is always on a side burner that I plan to get to when I am a little further ahead in lesson creation.

Next week: More Beatles instrumentals, (along with a 5-pack), more Keane, (ditto), and a Carl Perkins classic made famous by Elvis in the monumental year of 1956.

Stay Tuned & In Touch,

Neil

unclewalt

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:28 pm

I'd love a lesson on "Long, Long Time," myself. "Different Drum," too, if that's doable. Seems like the latter might be tough for a guitar arrangement, though.

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:57 pm

Neil
Your guitar playing in this weeks news was great.

Sorry I could not help with She Moved Through the Fair.
I can't work out the Totally Guitars connection.

What I did find was a 2012 Weekly News Posting where She Moved Through the Fair was mentioned :o

She Move Through the Fair - Early Forum Comment

Dermot

unclewalt

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:00 pm

The "She Moved Through The Fair" connection in two parts: Part 1:

unclewalt

Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Part II:

TGNeil

Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks Walt, winner again!
Since the melody seems a bit abstract with all the embellishments I thought I would post the first version of this I remember.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:44 am

Neil

Nice Avatar
Great playing throughout the news.

Walt
You are amazing - better than any Google !!

:D
Attachments
Hogan Fingerpicking Beatles.jpg
Hogan Fingerpicking Beatles.jpg (86.48 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic