On The Beat - Episode 513 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 14th, 2020

tgjameela

Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up has been released.

Hope you enjoy!

https://totallyguitars.com/blog/guitar- ... 14th-2020/

The big news this week is that I am thrilled that we were able to get Bob McAlpine on board as a contributor here at TG. His first lesson went live earlier this week and I am guessing that many of you have given it a try already. I also want to plug a couple of his bigger projects, Brass Transit and Pretzel Logic. Prepare to be wowed!

This week’s new lessons included Bob’s arrangement of Stevie Wonder’s Living For The City, Little Sister by Elvis, Fading Like A Flower by Roxette, and You Won’t See Me, a Beatles tune that came in through the Recommend A Lesson Forum. We also introduced a new pack of Prince lessons which had only been available on DVD before. These were all done by Max. A pack of Roxette lessons from Vanessa was also released.

There were a couple new things on the site that you may have noticed. The first was a Welcome Back Forum extension that has a lot of your info easily accessible. The second is a Visual Menu that gives quicker access to all the lessons. There are videos up that explain them in greater detail.

Coming Soon-
Hazard by Richard Marx (another Recommend A Lesson suggestion)
Let’s Dance by David Bowie
When I’m 64 (my fingerpicking arrangement
Creme De La Clapton (another set of lessons from Max previously only on DVD

And kids- let’s get more Uploads For Review and Recommendations for lessons!

tgjameela

Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:44 pm

We received a cool comment from member johnjamesg in the helpdesk, he writes.

"Thanks for the update folks . I had the bounty of meeting Bob Mcalpine a few years ago. He played Canada Labour day at Chrystal Beach. I bought 2 of his CD'S.

My wife and I saw him again play at Pelham bandshell & Brock University,,great band. These places are all in Niagara region for your information

Take care all.

Respectfully
John Gardiner"

Thanks for being open to us sharing your comment here on the forum John!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic