On The Beat - Episode 519 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 25th, 2020

tg-admin
Site Admin

Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:07 am

Hi Everyone,

The Weekly Wrap Up has been released.

Hope you enjoy!

https://totallyguitars.com/blog/guitar- ... 25th-2020/

This week I spent some time resurrecting some forgotten tunes, starting with some Gershwin from my album Yesterday’s News - Our Love Is Here To Stay. I also played an arrangement of Can You Read My Mind at the end. This has been a work in progress for a couple decades that fell off my radar 15 or 20 years ago and has been under reconstruction for a couple months. I appreciate your indulging me in getting a snapshot of the work in progress.

In between there were a couple other tunes (Don’t Bother Me as I recall), and the usual reports on recent lessons and upcoming.

This week’s releases included Bob McAlpine’s arrangement of Come Together,Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce, You Do Something To Me by Paul Weller and Warning Sign by Coldplay. We also started a new series of Beatles 5-Packs with Volumes 7 & 8 (and explanations of the numbering scheme were in the Update).

Next week we will have a tune from The Animals, Beatles instrumental to be determined, and a surprise from Vanessa, among other unplanned events.

And as you watch this you will know what I mean when I say I have to run off quickly for a haircut!

Back in October,

Neil

And my last request, keep the Lesson Recommendations and Uploads For Review coming!

unclewalt

Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 pm

If you're hot to do something from the Piedmont blues world, my strong vote would be for "I Am The Light of This World." The Jorma version, probably. There are tabs out there, but none of them are quite right. I can sort of play it, but not quite correctly. I would love to know I'm doing it right.

thereshopeyet

Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:14 am

Neil

It has been an enjoyable week on TG.
Great playing during the news too.

Your instrumental are alway brilliant.
Keep em coming !

Dermot

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic