On The Beat - Episode 522 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 16, 2020

TGNeil

Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

The weekly wrap-up is ready.

View on the Blog
October 16, 2020

Today’s musical introduction started with a bit of the intro to one of this week’s new lessons, which turned into a slight improv in the non-guitar-friendly key of F Minor. That brought up some thoughts about improvising in general in similar keys.

New stuff this week included the above referenced Dream On by Aerosmith, Vanessa’s beginning classical lesson on Andante by Ferdinando Carulli, and my arrangement of the Theme from Superman- Can You Read My Mind. We also started a new Theory series, Fretboard Freedom, Part 1-A The First Five Frets which will be added to daily for a week or two.

In the middle segment I talked about our Recommend A Lesson Forum as we got a few requests recently.

Next week we will see a continuation of the Fretboard Freedom Series, another classical piece from Vanessa, (coincidentally another Andante from early master Sor), and a look at Caravan, an Ellington standard. I am working on Natalie Merchant’s Kind And Generous, and a solo arrangement of Send In The Clowns, which you have possibly heard me mess with a bit lately.

See you next time,

Neil