On The Beat - Episode 524 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 30, 2020

TGNeil

Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:30 pm

Hi Gang,

The last News for October is ready for viewing.

October 30, 2020

Just as I was sitting down to write out some thoughts and comments for today’s update, I was interrupted by a text from one of my oldest friends (actually the best man at our wedding 35 years ago). Check it out here From Fred.
I started with a short improv based on the lesson Vanessa brought us this week, and promptly forgot to mention it in the segment on This Week’s Stuff. But in the first segment I mentioned that I have been hacking the TG Blog, trying to make it easier to find stuff and to have less repetition on the page. I did recommend checking out the drop-down menu in the lower left corner of the page to browse Categories. I particularly enjoyed reliving my friend Steve Rose’s original Listening Post clips.

This week’s new stuff included:
Student Review of Ironic
Harder To Breathe by Maroon 5
Send In The Clowns Solo Arrangement
How Can We Hang On To A Dream by Tim Hardin
And more Fretboard Freedom Parts

Next week we have a great lesson coming from Bob McAlpine on 25 Or 6 To 4. I hope everybody has seen the live version from Tanglewood in 1970. If not (or even if so), take a look.
We will be adding a new artist to the TG Library, Lady Antebellum (as they used to be called). There will also be songs by Linda Ronstadt (which missed this week’s cut), Tim Hardin, and more segments of Fretboard Freedom.

Happy Halloween and enjoy an extra hour of 2020!

Neil