On The Beat - Episode 525 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up November 6, 2020

TGNeil

Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:44 pm

November 6, 2020

Today’s playing was inspired by a couple lessons I had this week. The opening one came out of working on Gimme Shelter, which got me pondering how necessary it is to play it in Open E, the way Keith Richards originally did. I spent a little time comparing it with Open G as well as Standard, and came to the conclusion that Standard may be totally acceptable and maybe even preferable. So a lesson on it may be on the stove soon.

This week’s new stuff included:
Bob McAlpine’s lesson on 25 Or 6 To 4
Reason To Believe by Tim Hardin
Fretboard Freedom 3-C Diatonic Chords

Next week we are planning on a Lenny Kravitz lesson from Max, a Lady Antebellum one from Vanessa, the somewhat delayed lesson on It Doesn’t Matter Anymore, John Fahey’s take on St. Louis Blues, and the last part of Fretboard Freedom.

Let’s hope for some R&R in the second week of November.

Neil

michelew

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks for the shout out Neil. I’ve definitely been spending more time on the forum in the last couple of weeks. Now I need to get back into a playing routine.

You’ve of course seen my attempts to bring people out of their community shells again. I’m hoping that we can all work out how to get the the forum buzzing again. I realise polls aren’t going to do it. I’m hoping that you and Matt might have a plan and that more people will start posting again once the momentum starts to build again.

Catch you later.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic