On The Beat - Episode 589 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 11, 2020

TGNeil

Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:44 pm

December 11, 2020

As I started the camera today, I lapsed into a bit of channeling John Fahey with something reminiscent of his Christmas Fantasy type ramblings, starting with a couple traditional carols, then some improvising. This led to thoughts on how he influenced me. This was followed by a personal story about my daughter Rebecca, who graduated from chiropractic school yesterday. The graduation was about the best ever, in spite of the current worldwide situation, and I elaborate on that in the clip. It is funny thinking of her as Dr. Hogan. We are all very proud.

The new stuff this week included a couple slide lessons in Open G, Silent Night and Leo Kottke’s The Sailor’s Grave On The Prairie, along with It’s So Easy by Guns N’ Roses to shift the balance somewhat.

Next week we will have Vanessa’s take on Forgiven, Not Forgotten by The Corrs (which was delayed due to a little flu that burned through her house, and her). Max will bring us a Paganini piece arranged for guitar and I am finishing up Genesis by Jorma Kaukonen. I am also looking for suggestions on one or two more Christmas tunes if anybody has any suggestions. If not, I will pick one and hope to get it out soon.

Back next week…

Neil
Rebecca.jpeg
Rebecca.jpeg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1470 times

Craig

Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:54 pm

Hey Neil!

Congratulations to Rebecca, you and your wife. What a great accomplishment!

Fantastic picture of the happy doctor!!

Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic