On The Beat - Episode 590 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 18, 2020

TGNeil

Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:08 pm

Hey Gang,
The Weekly Wrap is ready-

December 18, 2020

Today I started the clip experimenting with bits and pieces of some Holiday tunes, mixed in with some random bridges and wanderings, before remembering that a couple of our members have recently taken advantage of our 50% off Christmas special on memberships and upgrades. Check your email messages for the codes. And don’t forget about our Gift Cards for last minute presents.

Our new stuff this week included Forgiven, Not Forgotten by The Corrs, Max’s take on Paganini’s Minuetto, and Genesis by Jorma Kaukonen. Genesis was from a suggestion on the Recommend A Lesson Forum which I was glad to see. I had planned on doing that lesson many times over the years, but it had fallen off the stove.

Next week will be a little up in the air, the next two weeks actually as we try to enjoy a very different Holiday Season. But I will try to get some stuff out to everybody.

I wrapped up the Wrap Up with a little more complete version of one of my favorites...

…Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas,

Neil

unclewalt

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:53 pm

Heh, I was just thinking, "I should make another plea for "I Am The Light of this World," when you started playing it. It's trickier than it appears: most of what I've been able to find either hews too closely to how Gary Davis played it (which is fine, but I really want to learn Jorma's version) or it just wrong.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic