On The Beat - Episode 603 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 26, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:23 pm

Here we go folks,

March 26, 2021

A little Unforgettable to start and some really old John Renbourn at the end today. In between there were some thoughts on recent lessons and how they came about, the end of our Hummingbird Saga for 2021, a call out for artists who have been suspiciously absent here at TG (I mentioned a couple who crossed my mind lately), and about the average number of tangential excursions.

This week we added lessons on how I might accompany a singer doing Superstar (The Carpenters and a handful of others), my solo arrangement of Unforgettable (Nat King Cole), as well as Vanessa’s great take on Wasted Time by The Eagles, and some Warmup exercises with Doug Young. There are also a couple Student Reviews in the queue that I plan to get to next week.

And speaking of next week, we will see a Graham Nash song (which I took a stab at playing instrumentally), Bob McAlpine’s arrangement of a classic by U2, and more Carpenters, which may wrap them up for a while.

And that will wrap up March for now…

Neil

Lisa.C

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:59 am

Hey Neil,
Around 10:45 you mention a "camp thought" but I am not sure you tell us what it is. Or did you?
Cheers!
Lisa

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:19 pm

Neil

I don't think you've done any Nanci Griffith lessons yet ?

Great Humming Bird video :D ..

The Eagles will arrive in your nest next year !!
:o
The Eagles.jpg
The Eagles.jpg (29.69 KiB) Viewed 1799 times

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic