On The Beat - Episode 608 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 30, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:06 pm

A lot of partial playing this week as I start resurrecting dozens of pieces.

April 30, 2021

A few days ago, I started a catch-up project, going over a list of tunes I should be able to play, or at least have in a state of nearly playable without too much work. Unfortunately, the list is long and many of the tunes have been seriously neglected recently, and some for over a year. And to add salt to the wound, some of the most neglected are my own compositions. Scattered throughout today’s video were lots of pieces in various stages of disrepair, I hope you can be patient as I stumble through some.

There were also thoughts about upcoming wedding music (and the answer to last week’s name that tune), a little hummingbird intrusion, and a plug for our Calton case giveaway. I have to say mine really comes in handy when I’m traveling. And speaking of traveling, I will be in Phoenix next Tuesday, May 11 with our friend Bart for his resurrection of the Guitar League, after a year of virtual meetings.

This week’s new lessons:
Rush- Closer To The Heart
Kris Kristofferson – Me And Bobby McGee (along with Janis’ and my versions)
Live – The Dolphin’s Cry

Next week:
A solo arrangement of You Are So Beautiful
This Is The Life by Amy McDonald
And possibly some Poco, after a couple ‘name that tune’ type teasers

And almost forgotten… Happy 12th Birthday TG!

See you in May,

Neil

Craig

Sun May 02, 2021 11:52 am

Neil,

Wow! Hard to believe it's been 12 years! I guess time flies when you're trying to learn how to play an instrument!
Anything I can do with a guitar that sounds remotely decent is directly attributed to you, Vanessa, and the encouragement/support I've received from members over the years. Equally important is the friendships that have formed with people I would have never met if it wasn't for this site. Although the vibe of the forum has changed over the years, the lessons are still as great as ever!
I hope the site stays around for many more years to come!

Thank you,

Craig

unclewalt

Sun May 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Well, that Tori Kelly tune is a good one, but I liked hearing it on bare guitar better than I like the single. It looks fairly simple, so maybe I'll work it out. But it could also be a great lesson.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic