On The Beat - Episode 619 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 30, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:22 pm

July 30, 2021

After a week driving up and down Highway 5 things are getting back to normal here at TG Central. We had a couple new lessons, What You’re Doing by The Beatles and the theme from The Monkees TV show, both of which got attempted instrumental takes during the update.

Most of the following thoughts were a recap of our road trip, all 1800 miles of it. We didn’t do much sightseeing but did a lot of reconnecting with family and old friends/students, most of whom go back more than 40 years for me. It was a blast!

We are getting back into producing more artist packs and have a few in the queue to start rolling out next week. Keep an eye out for a couple Paul Simon packs, and hopefully one from John Denver.

After too much talking it seemed appropriate to end with a soft, jazzy improv. I hope you enjoy it.

Neil

vzg14

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:07 am

Hi Neil,

You asked in this week's weekly wrap up for any Beatles songs that are "notoriously missing" from the TG catalog. As of the time that I am writing this comment, I believe "The Long and Winding Road" is absent. I'd love to see a TG lesson on this one to enhance a fairly basic rendition that I play currently.

Looking forward to it.
-Victor

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic