On The Beat - Episode 622 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 20, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:14 pm

August 20, 2021

This week a very important lesson was released, Early Morning Rain as done by Peter, Paul & Mary. The lesson developed more into a compact fingerpicking course on basic patterns, along with looks at fills and embellishments. Be sure to check it out whether you are interested in the song or not.

With that running through my head at the top of the update today, I started with a short improv based on it. And, as usual, it wandered off and took on a new life.

I spent a little time soliciting more suggestions for lessons, even though I am still in the midst of some, like 1952 Vincent Black Lightning and a couple others.

A random thought that passed through as well was asking if anybody in the TG Community knows anything about ouds or might be in the market for one. My local music store has just become the caretaker of four beautiful instruments. I’m sure everybody needs a new oud!

We had a couple IGC cancellations and now can offer single rooms to everybody for almost nothing (well, not much extra). But, if you are interested, put a message here and I will contact you with more info.

Back soon with some new stuff…

Neil