On The Beat - Episode 623 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up August 27, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:01 pm

August 27, 2021

This morning there was a lot of blues blasting through the house, inspired by suggestions on the Forum, which will lead to a pretty cool lesson soon. I’m sure you will be able to piece together the clues.

This week’s lesson was Great Love Of My Life by Kate Wolf, which came about recently when Sandy was working on it. I’m sure some old timers remember our Fly On The Wall series which featured Sandy and a few of my other students. I hope to start those again soon if all goes well with the pandemic recovery.

And speaking of old timers, and the Forum, I appreciate folks stepping out to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves on the Please Introduce Yourself thread.

Today I broke out some other old stuff getting ready for our upcoming camp, IGC 2021, which is on in two weeks. The artifacts included t-shirts and water bottles from the early days (2014 to be precise), and they are available to any attendees who are willing to take them off my hands.

There is a special webinar happening tomorrow for our KOA members. I hope you all saw the announcement in the KOA Forum and can join us. The next will probably be in early October.
And that was most of what happened today, along with a few instrumental excursions, Great Love Of My Life, Little Wing, A Whiter Shade Of Pale, Beverly, and some 12-Bar Blues as far as I can recall.

See you in September,

Neil