On The Beat - Episode 625 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 10, 2021

TGNeil

Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:15 am

Running a little late but here is the News!

This week I have been continuing to listen to the early Bob Dylan albums (as well as some of the 1970s ones), and thought Girl From The North Country would make a cool lesson. He reused the same progression a little later for Boots Of Spanish Leather, so you can probably figure that one out after working on it. He also redid the progression and released a different version of it on Nashville Skyline. That was a duet with Johnny Cash and not nearly as fun to play, or even listen to as the first version from The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan album. I did lightly cover the later version in the lesson anyway.
Other than that, I have been practicing a bit this week to be ready to play some tunes at our International Guitar Camp next week. I ran through parts of a lot of pieces that I don't play very often but they are fun when I revisit them. Today had snippets of The Fisherman, The Last Steam Engine Train, and Windy And Warm, along with a full, but shaky run through a bossa nova of mine called Along The Way.
I hope you enjoy them and I will be back sometime next weekend with an IGC report.
Neil

David-TZZ

Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:18 pm

Hey neil, hope you all have a great week at camp. Not the best time for the international community to join you with the continuing travel restrictions, but i hope to make it back one day.

When you get back maybe you could do, please, a lesson on Faro’s Rag, which you played for like the zillionth time in OTB? If t is there i can’t find it..

have a great IGC
, david

TGNeil

Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:05 pm

Thanks David,

I will get to that someday, probably soon.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic