On The Beat - Episode 626 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up September 24, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:05 pm

September 24, 2021

Last week at this time I was relaxing at the Green Mountain Retreat for a few minutes after everyone else had checked out of our International Guitar Camp. Needless to say, it was a blast and everyone had a great week of workshops and playing music with others. We are well on our way toward plans for next year and I hope some more of you will think about joining us in September of 2022.

This week I spent some time re-living a couple albums by David LaFlamme and It’s A Beautiful Day. This was part of what led to this week’s new lesson on White Bird. I’m sure some of you know I have wrestled with getting a lesson together on this for s few years and decided to start with an accompaniment version and hope to get to the solo guitar version in the near future.

Today’s first short improv was based on another tune from their first album, and next week I hope to get to another that I’m sure you will recognize (if you’re of a certain age that was listening to FM radio in the early 1970s).

And because I had a capo at the third fret, I was reminded of a piece I wrote around 1985 that was on my album Yesterday’s News. Most of Sweet Child came back but I see I have to dig a little deeper to get it all back. In any case, I hope you enjoy the parts that I did get close to.

See you next week,

Neil