On The Beat - Episode 627 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up October 1, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:19 pm

With a few gremlins in the mix...

October 1, 2021
It has been a strange, and rough week here at TG. You probably know we are having server issues with the Lessons page, and Amazon can not give us an ETA of when all will be resolved.
Adding to that setback, I had a nail failure the other day and experimented with alternate right hand fingering on a few tunes today. Another approach was to use a pick. I tried a run through of A Whiter Shade Of Pale in that style.
Something that was pointed out in a Forum post is that you can access lessons through the Packs page. What a great way to browse some that you may have not thought about before.
There are now a couple new packs on the way. They should be live in a day or two.
Neil

scott E

Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Well my first 'On the Beat" for a long time and its just like being back home. Its great to see you do your thing Neil. But sadly no, by the time I saw this the site isn't back up. Rather than panic I know I have a lot to work on. So I'll do my thing and hopefully the site will be up and running soon.

Scott

TGNeil

Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:40 pm

Great to see you back Scott, just sorry it is at a time when we are being held hostage by the e-universe. Maybe tomorrow all will be better.

Neil

And should I save you a spot for IGC 2022? I know you were dabbling with the idea last month. Sep 12-16

scott E

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 am

Neil, I'll check my crystal ball to see if next years IGC works out. It will be a year of celebration for us as Sharon will finally retire so there is a chance.

Now business. Since I'm not yet familiar with this new site I want to know is there a Proper format to ask you Questions? I have had a chance to review the Pentatonic scale and have a good grasp of all 5 patterns. And I remember that I can use any pattern with any key, but WHEN do you need to change from on pattern to another? Is it just a matter of preference and choice, or is there a more musical reason.

Scott

TGNeil

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:16 pm

There are a bunch of different Forum topics. Check this one-
viewforum.php?f=74

And sometimes I address those types of questions on the Friday Updates, which I should do next week. You might have to remind me late in the week.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic