On The Beat - Episode 637 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 17, 2021

TGNeil

Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi Folks,
The Weekly Update is alive and kicking around here now.

December 17, 2021

Bits and pieces of Father Christmas, White Christmas, The Long And Winding Road, and even Wish You Were Here (Swedish pop from the 1990s, courtesy of Blackmore’s Night) were the musical parts of today’s update. There was also a bit of theory on different cadence ideas as I explored White Christmas, as well as an audience participation vote on a slightly stretchy chord I am considering using in a solo version of The Long And Winding Road.

Obviously, these musings were inspired by this week’s new lessons, to mention The Long And Winding Road and White Christmas again. We also came out with a set of 6 Beatles 5-Packs, and all still at our new, really low price of $14.99. And don’t forget to consider our Gift Cards for your guitar friends. There are Packages and different Membership levels available.

More new Beatles Packs on the way next week, and if I don’t get to an update next week, I want to wish everybody a great Holiday Season!

Neil

scott E

Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:08 am

Long and winding road solo instrumental. So here it is Wed Neil and I don't see that anyone responded to your request about the long stretchy chord . From a guy whos fingers don't pay much attention to what I ask I find that the chord (d7shape on the 6th, 5th and 4th string with an A) is a little bit of a stretch. Not impossible but not a piece of cake either.

So theres my two cents worth. Otherwise A long and winding road is an instrumental that I'd be tempted to tackle.

Happy Holidays to all,

Scott

michelew

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Hi Neil,

Just dropped in the hear the Master play. Your playing is as gorgeous as ever of course.

It’s good to see you looking well. I hope your feeling good too.

I hope you, Nani and your beautiful family are managing to stay safe and well during these strange times.

I hope you have some rest, relaxation and fun coming your way for the Christmas break. All the best.

Love

Michele

TGNeil

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi Michele,

Great to hear from you and thanks for the thoughts and wishes. And it is always cool to see your encouragement for everybody on the Forum. I hope the Holidays find you and everyone around you healthy and happy.

Neil

thereshopeyet

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:09 am

Neil and TG Folk

Merry Christmas 2021 and Happy 2022

:D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic