On The Beat - Episode 639 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 14, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:57 pm

January 14, 2022

I had a lot of fun with this week’s new lessons. Song For Juli is one that has intrigued me for almost 50 years since I first got Jesse Colin Young’s album by that name. It definitely got into heavy rotation on my turntable back then. I may have to do a couple other songs from it in the near future. The other new lesson caught me completely by surprise, and I wasn’t even sure it was the title was listed correctly. Of course, that was Eve Cassidy’s total rewrite of San Francisco Bay Blues. It shows some of her skills other than singing. What a treasure.

Some of the thoughts that crossed my mind today included songs I thought had something unusual (or even wrong) in the editing. Song For Juli was more of a tuning problem but check out the original recordings of the two lessons I mention and see if you can solve the mysteries.

I ended the update trying to resurrect an old piece of mine with an interesting history. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Neil

scott E

Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:02 am

Good morning Neil. Just got done watching your weekly update. Idlewild sounds really interesting. It would be fun to see/hear the lyrics that Al put to it.
Did he ever record it?

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic