On The Beat - Episode 642 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 4, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:36 pm

February 4, 2022

Today I started with some improvising in A Minor, which led to a discussion on descending bass lines in minor keys. There are numerous songs that do this and I mentioned a few.

Next up was a call to KOA members to watch the Forum for details on our upcoming Webinar, which will be Saturday, Feb. 12 at noon Pacific time.

Onto a couple tangents: Ed Claxton, computer replacement, and a mention from the Forum about Dear Prudence. Last week I took my Claxton guitar back to his shop for some fret work. He found a few other things he wanted to fix up (ever happen to you at the mechanics?), so it will be a few more days. A report will come next week. I had planned to end with a walk through attempt at a solo version of Dear Prudence, which looks promising enough to pursue.

Before I could sign off I got caught up in something that happened in a lesson today with one of my students. It turned into a mini-lesson on playing 6ths on the 4th and 2nd strings. Let me know if it seemed coherent, or if you have questions that I could address?
Back next week...

Neil

unclewalt

Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:20 pm

One vote here (obviously) for an instrumental "Dear Prudence" lesson. I messed around with it a little, and definitely see how it could work, but I'm not advanced enough to work out a good version on my own, with all the details right, etc. Or maybe I am (I figured out the verse melody of "Take On Me," and that was years ago now) but it would be WAY easier if I had a template work from.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic