On The Beat - Episode 644 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 18, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:38 pm

February 18, 2022

This week we brought out a couple more sections of the White Bird Solo Lesson, namely the Violin Solo and Verse Three. Today's Update started with a play through of those sections. There were also bits and pieces of Madman Across The Water, and Comfortably Numb (which almost morphed into Echoes).

I also tried to address a recent Forum question about whether tab would help with songs that are really just strumming tunes. The particular song in question was Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing and I could use some help or thoughts from the TG Community.

Thoughts and comments are always welcome...

Neil

dunaway3000

Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:15 pm

To respond to one of your questions, the more complex, chord melody arrangements on this site is the main draw for me. I have started to tackle White Bird but I have a ways to go.

unclewalt

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:00 pm

I'm working away on "Prudence." I've only made a few stabs at the chord solo so far, because I want to have the guitar part down pat first, where I can play it with ease. I haven't had much practice time this past week or so.

I'd really like to take on "White Bird," and might someday, But it's a lot, and I have a bunch of other complicated ones I'm working on, or want to get to, or need to improve. I don't know how many of those I can fit into my sodden brainpan.

I'm slightly surprised you don't have full lesson for the "Madman" chord solo. I guess I must have learned it just from the tab and the playthrough. Like you, I am now inspired to get back to it. No way I could do it from memory.

TGNeil

Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:15 am

It was a nice surprise to find that I had written out Madman, as that is the most time consuming part of the complex instrumentals. I should be able to knock out videos for a lesson relatively easily. But a few more sections of White Bird are obviously ahead of that.

Neil

TGNeil

Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:41 am

So on further review it turns out I did add a couple segments on the solo version a few years later. They were down the segment list which you have to scroll to. Check them out here Madman Across The Water.

That moves Sylvia back up the list...

Neil

unclewalt

Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:06 pm

Yeah, I thought that was what I saw the other day. That's one I often forget about lately, but which is really fun to play, even with that killer stretch. A great lesson and a major turning point for me, among many via this site.

TGNeil

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:32 am

Hey Walt,

Thanks for the positive comments. It is great to know that folks are getting useful stuff here.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic