On The Beat - Episode 646 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 4, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:17 pm

March 4, 2022

There is a lot going on nowadays, and thankfully, a lot changed here at TG in the couple hours after I shot this week’s Update. I thought about just tossing the video and starting over but decided to update the Update here with some text.

In the last few hours, the site was fixed up, and I heard from our two friends in Ukraine that they are relatively safe…terrified but at least safe, for the time being.

We were able to get some new lessons up, including In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed by The Allman Brothers, and a new installment of the White Bird Solo. I hope to be finishing that up soon, as long as somebody is working on it.

KOA members – be sure to put next Saturday, March 12, on your calendar for our next Pathways Webinar. Details will go out in an email and be posted on the KOA Forum.
As far as stuff I played today, I started with a stab at Theme For An Imaginary Western, without actually having a good idea of the chord progression. I listened to it afterward and have a grip on it now so maybe next week I will tackle it again. Everything else was just improvised as I was letting my mind wander.

See you next week…

Neil

neverfoundthetime

Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:55 am

I was able to search for John Denver songs on the site, no problem, so I think the search function is working. I sincerely hope Naz and everyone in Ukraine is safe.... mad times... God save us from so called world leaders!

Chris

PS. Listened to your original White Bird from a few years ago....lovely!

unclewalt

Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:25 pm

I'm not working on White Bird, just because I have so much on my plate at this point, but I'd been looking forward to it for a long time, and I hope to get to it at some point I will certainly try to work out some parts at the very least. So, that's one vote for completing it. The part you played in this vid is my favorite of the whole tune. The tab and playthrough might (or might not) be enough for me. But either way, I think leaving it unfinished might annoy some future Totally students.

Also, still awaiting "I Am The Light of This World," which I will drop other stuff for. I'm not sure why, but it's more of a challenge for me than I would have thought.

Thinking good thoughts for your Ukrainian colleagues.

TGNeil

Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:43 pm

Thanks for checking in Walt. I will definitely finish White Bird. The biggest obstacle is writing it out, but I can see the light at the end of that tunnel, which should open the door to I Am The Light Of This World as well. Unless Sylvia gets in the way, as I have gotten quite a few requests for that as well.

And I have to agree that the upcoming guitar solo has always been a highlight of the tune in my book. The key change to C Minor and solo in thirds is brilliant.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic