On The Beat - Episode 648 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up March 18, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:52 pm

March 18, 2022

Well, Spring seems to be on its way here in Northern California and TG Central is now hosting a couple families. We have baby hummingbirds with their beaks just starting to poke out of the nest in the backyard, and a pair of house finches building their home on the front porch. I'll see what I can do about pics or vids in the near future.

This Update included a few tunes that have been running through my head recently, starting with I'll Be Back by The Beatles. It was this week's lesson on George Harrison's I Need You that reminded me of I'll Be Back, which got me musing on non-de script song titles, as well as more dramatic ones. You'll have to watch to get an idea of where this was coming from. There were some Rev. Gary Davis tunes thrown in the mix as well.

After some uploader workarounds, I was able to get to a couple Student Reviews this week that you can find on the Forum. The recent ones included Sflier's take on Jerusalem (James Taylor's arrangement), and Pearl Jam's Just Breathe by Moosebreath (gotta ask her about that username soon).

I recently mentioned that I plan to get ti Jorma Kaukonen's version of I Am The Light Of This World soon, and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had much of it already tabbed out. Apparently I started it a few years ago as I was totally surprised to see how far along it was. No excuses remain to not get to it soon. Hopefully you will see it nest week, along with a solo arrangement of I Need You that will be a great way for some of you to start getting into percussive solos. It will be a lot less difficult than things like White Bird, and may pave the way to Pat Metheny's Last Train Home as well.

Neil

scott E

Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:15 pm

Thanks Neil. Always a pleasure to hear your Friday news. We haven't seen grandkids in almost 3 years so I'm heading to Morocco next week. Do you need a goat horn pick or anything odd?
This may sound like a dumb question but whats a KOA member? Am I one?
This answer may well be in the Plans section at the top of the page but honestly I haven't spent much time studying all that stuff.
So good luck with the little bird families. That's a fun hobby.

Have a great week,
Scott

TGNeil

Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:30 am

Hey Scott,

Always good to hear from you and I'm glad you are able to make the trip to see the grand kids again.

Our KOA membership level includes a monthly Webinar with me giving a little personal instruction to each one who attends. Usually only two or three people take advantage of it and last week Ness even joined us from The Netherlands. Another perk is a 20% discount to our International Guitar Camp. This year's is almost sold out, and considering that you were at our first (in 2013), maybe this is the year you make a return trip.

You are a Platinum member, which includes access to the other three sites (Electric Guitar, Keyboards & Vocals).

As far as a memento, maybe a drink at Rick's or a ride on the Marrakesh Express?

I look forward to hearing about your trip,

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic