On The Beat - Episode 651 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up April 8, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:26 pm

April 8, 2022

A couple new lessons made their way into the TG Library this week so I started with a little bit of Jorma Kaukonen's take on I Am The Light Of This World, by Rev. Gary Davis. Jorma's version first appeared on his 1974 album Quah, which is essential listening for all acoustic guitarists, in my opinion.
After a quick tuning change and capo reposition, I played a bit of our other new lesson, Wondering Where The Lions Are by Bruce Cockburn. This is the first lesson of his we have gotten to but certainly won't be the last. There was a little teaser of another one of his tunes I am looking at right now.
I ended with a very rough attempt at a tune I just heard this morning that was put together by David Gilmour and Nick Mason, along with Andriy Khlyvnyuk of Boombox. I obviously need to listen to it some more to get a solid feel for the progression and melody but it was fresh on my mind as I was getting to the Update. I encourage everyone to check it out and consider helping out our Ukrainian friends.

Neil