On The Beat - Episode 657 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up May 20, 2022

TGNeil

Fri May 20, 2022 7:27 pm

Here is the Mid-May update-

May 20, 2022

Today’s opening riffs were taken from recent students’ problems that I figured were issues for many guitar students – sliding into notes to embellish a riff. There are some good tips offered up later in the video.

I have recently mentioned some new directions here at TG and one of them is that we are getting back into sending weekly emails about the goings on around here. I got a message just today from a long time TGer who had forgotten to keep my Weekly Update on his radar. In the past we used a generic service to send automated messages, but I am adding that small job to my workflow and you will start seeing personal messages from me for the next months.

For those who have missed the latest news and new lessons, I took a few minutes to run down some of the latest lessons by artists like Bruce Cockburn, The Band, Lyle Lovett, Jorma Kaukonen and of course, The Beatles. Take a look at the lessons page and check out Lovers In A Dangerous Time, Pacing The Cage, Wondering Where the Lions Are, Stage Fright, Up On Cripple Creek, When I Paint My Masterpiece, If I Had A Boat, I Am The Light Of This World, and a couple lessons on I Need You by The Beatles, including a Solo Arrangement.

A question crossed my mind that I thought would be good to ask of the TG Community. I seem to have lost track of my clip-on tuners, and before I pick up a couple more, I figured I would ask for recommendations for or against some that you have used. Please post your comments here on the TG Forum.

I also had to plug an upcoming concert near me. Our friend and IGC instructor Dave Nachmanoff will be reprising his long-time role as Al Stewart’s main accompanist when they are booked at The Mountain Winery just up the road from TG Central in Saratoga on July 2, 2022. The bill also includes the legendary Don McLean.

Neil

scott E

Sat May 21, 2022 6:30 am

Wonderful news about Vanessa. And thanks for the addition of the weekly mini lesson. I for one enjoy it.

Scott

petert

Wed May 25, 2022 6:38 am

For what it's worth {haha) I use a Boss TU-10 clip on tuner. Had a few now. Very happy with them.

TGNeil

Wed May 25, 2022 8:55 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the thought and I will check it out.

Neil

brom

Thu May 26, 2022 3:17 am

Hi Neil. You asked for suggestions for a new guitar tuner. I have a Korg Pitchhawk G2 model,which has proved to be excellent. Best wishes;keep up the good work. Brom.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic