On The Beat - Episode 662 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up June 24, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Hi Folks,
The News is up and live a little early today-

June 24, 2022

Windy And Warm, the classic Chet Atkins tune popped into my head as the camera started, I am not sure why but it took a few turns of its own and may be unrecognizable in some spots. The closing tune (The Blacksmith) came out of what I heard on the radio this morning on my local listener supported station KKUP. I was scoping them out because their afternoon DJ, David Stafford, has a show every Friday at 3:00 Pacific time. I try to listen to when possible. Today he has scheduled a few songs by one of our IGC Community who has just finished an album of original songs. Details will be in tomorrow's email but check Cathy Belleville's site for a sneak preview.

As I continued my quest to explore the inner working of TG, this week I got obsessed with the TG Blog, which has been an unnavigable mess since our major rebuild in 2020. I am almost done with reorganizing it and encourage you to check it out for some cool trips down memory lane. There are hundreds of videos from the archives that are easier to find now, I think. Please take a look and get back to me with comments or missing links.

Today's tip was on ear training. It is very important to learn to recognize common chord progressions and I mentioned some songs that you should take note of. I also played through common patterns in different keys and hope it helps you to be more learning independent as you develop your hearing skills.

Neil