On The Beat - Episode 663 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 1, 2022

TGNeil

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:26 pm

Check out the first News of the second half of 2022-

July 1, 2022

Here we are into the second half of 2022 and things are still on the move at Totally Guitars. I was able to pull myself away from blog reorganization (more on that later) and finally get to the James Taylor lesson that was recommended on the Forum a few weeks ago. Check out Copperline, and our other new lesson on Mr Rock & Roll by Amy MacDonald. I really want to thank Nesh for bringing us that lesson and being back on board for a couple lessons a month.

And speaking of thanks, I appreciate folks posting requests and spotting slips on the Forum. This week we were able to address a couple slips and the suggestion for Indian Summer as a lesson got me to go over most of the chords to that Paul Cotton tune. The hints about Indian Summer, mainly that it revolves around a Dmaj7 chord, led to this week's tip. At the end of the Update I talked a bit about the theory behind the two seventh chords built on major triads: Major 7 and Dominant 7.

Back to the Blog- As I get closer to tying up loose ends and categorizing videos and menus there, I stumble into some great clips that I had forgotten about. I was particularly grabbed by The Totally Guitars Story, Behind The Scenes on my Undun Lesson (the Guess Who classic), and a whole series of Makin’ Music videos that we got from our friends at Guitar Showcase here in San Jose.

The last thing I’d like to bring to everybody’s attention is a new album by one of our very own TGers. Cathy Belleville came to our International Guitar Camp last year and wowed all the campers with songs she had been writing over the recent years. After camp she got together with Dave Nachmanoff and put a bunch of them down in Dave’s studio. The finished product is officially released and available today. Check out samples and think about adding Three-Quarter Girl to your collection.

Have a Great 4th Of July Weekend,

Neil

jayswett

Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:07 am

Great tip this week.. Thanks for clarifying that topic..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic