On The Beat - Episode 692 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up January 27, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:21 pm

Hey Everybody,
Enjoy the News –

January 27, 2023

This week continued with Dan Hicks songs and associated songs. I used to perform Moody Richard (The Innocent Bystander) with my friend Rich Olson many years ago. This week it made the cut and became a full fledged lesson at Totally Guitars. Of course, I had to stay on that path and that led to Sweetheart (Waitress In A Donut Shop), originally done on his album Last Train To Hicksville, then covered in 1974 by Maria Muldaur on her second album.

These two songs each have some challenges for guitar players. Moody Richard has a few chords that really don't belong together and Sweetheart uses some jazz voicings that may be new to a lot of students.

We released a few new artist packs - Steely Dan, Metallica and Santana namely, along with upgrading our Dire Straits pack with a couple electric lessons added to the five acoustic ones.

The tip of the week was on chords used in acoustic versions of Wooden Ships, a song I also played many years ago with my teenage friend Mike Mullins. A full lesson on this is in the cards soon.

Music that crossed my mind and fingers today included the above mentioned songs along with a little Jorma Kaukonen (Hesitation Blues and Mann's Fate), and an old piece of mine called Let's Get Packed.

I hope you enjoy the tangents,

Neil

scott E

Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:42 pm

Well that seemed like and extra cheery Friday night update. Glad your weather is improving and I'm really interested in the Steely Dan stuff.
Thanks for the reminder.

SCott

familyman4

Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:52 am

A fun wrap up / update to watch Neil. Your playing never ceases to amaze me!

Good luck to you & all 49er fans in the playoff game tomorrow. It will probably be another nail biter....

Bart

TGNeil

Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:01 am

Thanks Bart,

We are already chewing nails here (left hand only, of course). But I'm glad the 'experts' are picking the Eagles.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic