On The Beat - Episode 695 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up February 17, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:16 pm

February 17, 2023

Three new lessons this week, starting off with the long-promised Death Don’t Have No Mercy as done by Jorma Kaukonen on the first Hot Tuna album, followed by Linda Ronstadt’s first hit Different Drum, and ending with a real oldie, Summer Holiday by Cliff Richard And The Shadows.

I played through a bit of a couple of those, including an instrumental draft of the Mike Nesmith tune, as well as an early hint of a beautiful Afro-Cuban Lullaby (Drume Negrita), which may turn into a lesson sometime soon.

There was a short update on baby hummingbirds in the back yard, a cameo video bomb from Ponzu (El Gato Negro), hints about upcoming lessons and packs.

Today’s tip was on playing parallel 6ths in the key of C on the 2nd and 4th strings. This can be carried over to other strings in the key of G but I decided to postpone those details before it got too confusing. I encourage you to explore that on your own and I will try to follow up on that next week.

The last detail was about IGC, which is sold out at this point. That is subject to change with cancellations, but I suggest getting on the waiting list if you are interested. Send a message to [email protected].

See you next week,

Neil

thereshopeyet

Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:39 pm

Neil

Great Weekly news.
Does the cat have a bell on it collar ?
I think you can hear it play it's bell on the Death Don't preview about 40 seconds in !

As long as the cat is 6 foot above you on the shelf, it's fine !
If it's 6 Foot below, it's working on Death Don't Have No Mercy!
Meiow !

Dermot
:D

TGNeil

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:02 pm

Hey Dermot,

Great to hear from you, and I knew you would be on this lesson.

Yes, Ponzu has a bell and I have just decided to let him be part of the TG Basement Tapes, now that I have taken over his space. In a different recent lesson you can see him scramble up the wood wall behind me. It is quite impressive.

Let me know how you get along with Death..., and I am hoping to add Hesitation Blues to the Jorma catalogue soon.

Neil

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic