On The Beat - Episode 717 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up July 21, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:11 am

July 21, 2023

The big news this week is we are hosting an instructional Webinar tomorrow, Saturday, July 22 at noon Pacific time. Most of you should have gotten a couple emails over the last few days promoting it. I will spend about an hour going over some of the most important things I think all guitar students should know/work on/improve at/understand… (well, maybe not everything, but I will do my best). You will need to follow this link to opt-in and then you will get the link to the Webinar, with a chance to submit questions as well.

TG July 22 Guitar Mastery Webinar

And if you can’t make it, we expect to make the recording of it available, and we will do another in a few months.

This week’s new lessons were from some very different sources and inspirations. Nesh introduced us to Natasha Bedingfield with Soulmate, I reached into the world of Rodgers & Hammerstein with Edelweiss, done as an accompaniment as heard in the movie, and closed out the week with Rose Of Cimarron by Poco. This looked like it was going to be easy until I decided to try to make my 6-string guitar sound like the 12-string heard in the original recording.

Meanwhile, we are heading out soon to check out an Ansel Adams exhibit at the De Young Museum in San Francisco.

Maybe a report on that next week,

Neil