On The Beat - Episode 734 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 1, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:06 pm

December 1, 2023

I hope everybody is back into their real-world routine after last week’s feast. A great time was had at the Hogan household, apart from a couple broken nails, putting lesson creation into hiatus mode, unfortunately. I have still been working on the instrumentals you have heard me play through recently, which inspired today’s technical tips.

A couple of my students have been working on creating their own solos, which also contributed to some of the songs I used as examples. There were thoughts on songs like We Three Kings, Like A Hurricane, Now And Then, and even a little Frosty The Snowman. Our pack on Chord Solos would be a good place to go next if that is a direction you are going in.

I also mentioned that I had a conversation with an old friend (and part of the original TG Team) who reminded me of an interesting strategy that we used to talk about quite a bit. Be on the lookout for an email from us detailing a fun way to increase your practice time. It may even involve a contest and prizes, like we had many years ago.

Play on,

Neil