On The Beat - Episode 735 - Weekly Guitar Video News Wrap Up December 8, 2023

TGNeil

Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:32 pm

December 8, 2023

A classic Christmas Carol somehow materialized as I started today's Update, which led into a bit of Ferry Cross The Mersey, one of this week's new lessons. The other new lesson was We Three Kings, which got a little ragtime treatment today. I want to encourage people to recommend any seasonal tunes that we have not gotten to as soon as possible since we are counting the days down now.

The response to our 3-Minute 30-Day Challenge was fabulous and I look forward to seeing everybody's practice sheets next weekend as you document your practice starting tomorrow, Saturday December 9.

I went into a little theory about voice leading with a chord progression that wraps up the main phrase in Winter Wonderland. This involved tritones and how they typically resolve a couple different ways.

I wrapped things up with exploring the possibility of doing an instrumental arrangement of The Twelve Days Of Christmas. This went better than I guessed it would but I'm not sure it is deserving of solo treatment. I am open to suggestions though.

See you next week,

Neil

rjbertmdphd

Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:22 am

I will be participating and already started!

rjbertmdphd

Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:23 am

Is there a log somewhere?

TGNeil

Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:33 am

The idea is to keep track over the week (Sat-Fri) and post your results in a thread I will start next Friday, and there will be a new one every Friday. Copy this form and put in your minutes.

Username:
Week Ending: December 15

Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday:
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

Total Days:
Total Minutes:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic